In this installment, Jason and Brain wax nostalgic over the days when we didn’t get spoiled by three Superhero movies a Summer. The time when Captain America had a van, Spider-Man was a Von Trap child and Sinestro used to open for Sinatra.
“Where are you coming from Spider-Man” explores what a Superhero loving child had to choose from in the 70’s, reruns of Batman, a decent series about the Incredible Hulk and a strangely disco Doctor Strange.
All that and a particularly powerful flub by Brain, enjoy!
- Jason really wants this Superman The Movie figure by Madel Man of Spain. Somebody sell him one.
- The Japanese Spider-Man doll that is based off the Toei series.
- The book “Age of TV Heroes” about TV Superheroes that we mention and you really should buy.
- You can get “Legends of the Superheroes” and the Reb Brown Captain America films on DVD.
- This episode of Rocket Robin Hood was recycled into an episode of Spider-Man.
- A list of some of the goofier Spider-Man Electric Company segments..
- Mego’s Wonder Woman line originally featured Linda Carters face on the box & not the other way around!
- The 1978 REImagined Catalog features a selection of “What If’ Mego TV superhero toys.